Additions Include: Bettye LaVette, Big Richard, Buddy Miller, Cassandra Lewis, Dawes, deadramones, Della Mae, Dry Branch Fire Squad, The Go To Hell Man Band, The Jerry Douglas Band, Jimmie Dale Gilmore & The West Texas Exiles, Jon Langford & The Bright Shiners, Laurie Lewis & The Right Hands, Lila Blue, Marco and the Polos, The McCrary Sisters, Never Come Down, New Monsoon, Olivia Wolf, Orchestra Gold, Peter Rowan, Purple Glaze, Raining Chainsaws, Shawn Camp & Verlon Thompson-Tribute to Guy Clark, Skyway Man, Sunny War, Taylor McCall, Tommy Emmanuel, and Vetiver
THREE-DAY, MULTI-STAGE FREE MUSIC FESTIVAL TO TAKE PLACE SEPTEMBER 29-OCTOBER 1 AT SAN FRANCISCO’S GOLDEN GATE PARK
CLEAR BAGS RECOMMENDED FOR SMOOTHEST FESTIVAL ENTRANCE. EXPECT DELAYS ENTERING WITH OVERSIZED BAGS. SEE BELOW FOR COMPLETE INFORMATION ON WHAT TO BRING
Hardly Strictly Bluegrass today announces the final artists for their highly anticipated 2023 festival in San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park September 29-October 1. The three-day, multi-stage free music festival rounds out the lineup with the following additions: Bettye LaVette, Big Richard, Buddy Miller, Cassandra Lewis, Dawes, deadramones, Della Mae, Dry Branch Fire Squad, The Go To Hell Man Band, The Jerry Douglas Band, Jimmie Dale Gilmore & The West Texas Exiles, Jon Langford & The Bright Shiners, Laurie Lewis & The Right Hands, Lila Blue, Marco and the Polos, The McCrary Sisters, Never Come Down, New Monsoon, Olivia Wolf, Peter Rowan, Purple Glaze, Shawn Camp & Verlon Thompson-Tribute to Guy Clark, Skyway Man, Sunny War, Taylor McCall, Tommy Emmanuel, Vetiver, Orchestra Gold, and Raining Chainsaws.
Buddy Miller’s Cavalcade of Stars will once again be showcased Saturday on the Rooster Stage. This year he will feature Brennen Leigh, Shawn Camp and Verlon Thompson’s tribute to Guy Clark, The McCrary Sisters and Bettye LaVette. Other Hardly Strictly legacy artists like Jimmie Dale Gilmore, Laurie Lewis, Dry Branch Fire Squad and Jon Langford are also included in the final reveal, alongside first-timers Tommy Emmanuel, Sunny War and Cassandra Lewis to finalize this year’s roster.
The acts revealed today will join the previously announced groups at this year’s festival. The first announcement included Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit, Leyla McCalla, The Church, John Doe Folk Trio, Valerie June, Christone “Kingfish” Ingram, John Craigie, Neal Francis, Bahamas, and Gaby Moreno. The second announcement had Kurt Vile & The Violators, Lilly Hiatt, Nora Brown w/ Stephanie Coleman, Lucero, The Travelin’ McCourys, Chuck Prophet & The Mission Express, Buffalo Nichols, Beth Orton, and Carrie Rodriguez. The third announcement included Rufus Wainwright, Say She She, Sierra Hull, Steve Earle, Margo Cilker, Mighty Poplar, Bombino, Brennen Leigh, Thee Sacred Souls and Irma Thomas.
How to prepare for Hardly Strictly Bluegrass 2023:
● Entrances will open at 11am on Friday, 9am Saturday and Sunday. Performances end at 7pm daily.
● For the safety of all patrons, security measures in place include walking through body scanners and may include a physical search of bags and belongings. SFPD, K9 and Tactical Units will be positioned inside and outside the venue.
● Clear backpacks are recommended for easiest access. Bags, backpacks, or personal items with dimensions over 22″ x 15″ x 10″ will not be allowed through the normal security scanning process. Any item over this limit must first submit to a physical search; prepare for delays at the entrance. HSB reserves the right to reject any bag/backpack/item for any reason.
● Coolers should be soft sided and under 9” x 6” x 3” for normal security scanning process. Any cooler larger is discouraged and must first submit to a physical search; prepare for delays at the entrance. HSB reserves the right to reject any cooler for any reason.
● Collapsible wagons will be allowed.
● Blankets/tarps up to 5 ’x 7’ and short backed chairs are allowed but will be subject to search.
● Not allowed are: high-backed chairs, tables, tents, umbrellas, shade structures, items with an open flame, firearms, drones, fireworks, kegs, beverages for the purpose of vending or in glass containers, devices for amplified sound, or any item/device that could cause damage or injury.
● HSB encourages public transportation or any alternative to personal vehicles. However, due to public safety within the event, HSB does not allow any bicycles, scooters, regular skateboards, electric skateboards, Segways, Onewheels, or other types of motorized devices inside the venue. Bicycle parking locations can be found in the event map.
● As usual, fans are asked to respect the park, to clean up after themselves, and to take everything out that’s been brought in.
•Free water refills will be available between Banjo Stage and Arrow Meadow
•All attendees will go through a security checkpoint with metal detectors