As the live in-person concert business returns to action, LIVE NATION ENTERTAINMENT saw second quarter revenues jump year-to-year from last year’s pandemic-stricken $74.1 million to this quarter’s $575.9 million, driven by a doubling of concert revenue to $287 million and ticketing rising from a loss of $87 million to a gain of $44.6 million. Sponsorship and advertising revenue also jumped from $18.4 million to $44.6 million. The revenue increases were enough to narrow the company’s second quarter loss by 78% to $30.4 million and its Adjusted Operating Income from a loss of $431.9 million to a gain of $9.7 million.
Among other highlights, TICKETMASTER NORTH AMERICA reported that JUNE was its fourth best month in history measured by transacted ticket volume.
Pres./CEO MICHAEL RAPINO said in his earnings statement that, “We’re seeing the pent-up demand for live events play out as artists and fans are eager to re-connect in person,” resulting in strong ticket sales and the turnouts for festivals LOLLAPALOOZA, ROLLING LOUD, and LATITUDE. “The momentum for the return to live events has been building every month, with ticket sales and concert attendance pacing faster than expected,” RAPINO wrote, adding that the company’s return to positive adjusted operating income is “well ahead of where we thought we would for this quarter.” He said that LIVE NATION expects over six million fans to turn out for festivals in the second half of 2021 with average ticket prices 10% higher than 2019’s.
Tour 2021 | Events & Tickets
- Your order was accepted but not delivered by seller.
- Your order was accepted but not delivered by time for the event.
- Your tickets were not valid for entry. More Info
We know how much your event means to you, and we will stand behind you if there are any issues with your order. CountryMusicOnTour.com is a resale marketplace where live event fans like you can find the tickets you want. Tickets sold on the CountryMusicOnTour.com marketplace are sold by independent sellers, from fans to professional ticket brokers.
You will receive a 100% refund for your tickets if:
- Your order was accepted but not delivered by the seller.
- Your order was accepted but not delivered in time for the event.
- Your tickets were not valid for entry. (1)
But we do not stop there. You also have our 100% Money Back Guarantee if:
- Your event is cancelled and is not rescheduled. (2)
You can purchase your tickets with peace of mind knowing we have you covered. Once your order is placed, all you have to do is get ready for the fun times headed your way when the event day arrives.
(1) Verifiable proof must be provided in letter form from the venue. Written or stamped "voids" do not constitute verifiable proof.
(2) 100% refund for a cancelled event does not include shipping.
Our confidence in the sellers that list tickets on our exchange allows us to offer you this guarantee.